The Association of Continuity Professionals (ACP) is a non-profit 501C(6), mutual benefit association of professionals with responsibility or interest in the areas of Risk Management, Business Continuity Management, Disaster Recovery, Emergency Management and Information Security. ACP provides an effective forum for exchanging information and sharing experiences.
Vision: The world's premier association of resiliency professionals
In support of ACPs vision, the Capital of Texas Chapter of ACP is dedicated to prepare Central Texas to become a more resilient community by integrating professionals in all risk disciplines such as Risk Management, Business Continuity Management, Disaster Recovery, Emergency Management, and Information Security. We strive to be a leading resource for increased knowledge, education, collaboration, and professional networking. Capital of Texas Chapter is a place where risk professionals can come together and identify common goals, share ideas and new opportunities.
Mission: Shaping and supporting the global community of resilience practitioners
To foster professional development for our ACP members by:
- Providing Continuing Education credits to professionals in areas including (not limited to): Risk Management, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Emergency Management, Information Security, Information Resource Management and many others;
- Encouraging the exchange of knowledge & experience;
- Providing an opportunity for professional networking through events for members;
- Leading efforts to increase communication and collaboration between varying roles and professions within risk and continuity disciplines; and
- Enhancing the security and resiliency of Central Texas by sharing resources and knowledge throughout our whole community.
Shaping Careers, Advancing Reslience
2021 Board of Directors
Michelle Neisen is currently employed with HMS, a Gainwell Technologies Company, While at HMS, Michelle earned certification through DRII as a Certified Cyber Resilience Professional (CCRP). By adding this certification, she has accomplished all pillars of Business Continuity Management (BCM). With over 25 years in the fields of risk, and over 14 years specific to BCM, Michelle has been able to mentor and coach others, paying back what was so freely given to her. Throughout her career, she has worked in both private and governement industries and has been able to leverage her knowledge and experience.
Patti has been the Director of Office Management and Business Continuity for over 12 years. She supports Business Continuity and Emergency Management for Austin Habitat for Humanity. Patti has been a member of ACP and has served on the Board of Directors since 2009.
Jerry is currently serving as the Senior Project Manager for Dell. Prior to that, he has experience as a Technical Project Manager with Public Consulting Group.