February 2023 | In-Person Meeting
Topic: Post Hurricane Ian from a Reporter's Perspective & Roundtable
Presenter: Carolyn Fox | Managing Editor, Tampa Bay Times
Date: Wednesday, February 22, 2023
Location: Bahama Breeze
Time: 11:30 a.m. — 1:00 p.m.
Meeting Registration Fees:
Active ACP Members - $20.00/meeting
1st time in-person visitor - FREE
Repeat visitor (max 3 total visits) - $30.00/meeting
Carolyn Fox, managing editor for the Tampa Bay Times, will take us behind the scenes into how the newsroom planned and prepared to cover Hurricane Ian. Fox will discuss how the Times approaches hurricane planning for the newsroom including both coverage and staff safety, the run-up coverage steps taken as the hurricane approaches, and how resources are deployed in the aftermath to cover disaster zones. Meeting attendees will also have an opportunity to debrief their own Hurricane Ian experiences with the group.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Carolyn Fox is managing editor for the Tampa Bay Times. She oversees news, culture, sports and visual (photo and video) coverage. Fox is tasked with overall newsroom digital strategy and manages the team tasked with running tampabay.com and related digital products, such as social media and newsletters. Fox started her journalism career at USA Today as an editorial assistant for the editorial page. She began working for the National Geographic Society in 2007. Over almost eight years, Fox rose from digital producer to director of content initiatives, managing the National Geographic Travel digital team and working with editors and publishers across the company on editorial projects.
From 2014 to 2015, Fox worked as director of entertainment for Advance Local, overseeing content strategy and market communication for entertainment and living channels at 11 news sites in the United States. From there, she moved to New Orleans to become the managing editor of NOLA.com | The Times Picayune, where she managed the news, entertainment, social media, video and photography teams. In August 2019, Fox joined the Tampa Bay Times leadership team. She previously served as senior deputy editor.
A native of San Diego, with a Canadian passport, Fox graduated from Emerson College in Boston and has a graduate degree in journalism from American University in Washington, D.C. She lives in Saint Petersburg with her husband, daughter and two rescue dogs.
Up Next: Building an Antifragile Team with Todd T. DeVoe, President, IAEM Region 9 and Director of Emergency Management, Titan Health and Security Technologies, Inc.
Wednesday, March 29, 2023
11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Sponsor Benefits Include:
- Sponsors logo will be placed in the monthly GTBACP newsletter and on the Chapter website.
- Sponsor will be recognized at each monthly member meeting (virtually or in-person), when held. Chapter meetings are not held in December.
- Sponsorship fee will allow up to two (2) meeting attendees from the sponsor organization at no additional cost for one (1) meeting. Any additional sponsor attendees who are not GTBACP members will be charged at the visitor rate.
- Sponsor will be given ten (10) minutes prior to one (1) chapter meeting to speak or present to the membership about the company’s products and/or services, and/or share their company’s experiences with the group.
- For in-person meetings, a table will be set up for the sponsor for one (1) meeting to set up literature, flyers, etc. Sponsor can have giveaways/chachkies for the attendees (We can’t give you a list of attendees, but you can collect business cards for a giveaway.)