November Virtual Meeting
Free to attend
- Coronavirus: Our first coronavirus pandemic with tremendous uncertainty – would it act like influenza or not?
- Speed: It affected the entire world within 90 days.
- Disruption: Disrupted all aspects of life – businesses, families, schools, government. Literally, no one was immune to the virus.
- No Recent Memory: The first major life-threatening global pandemic in over 100 years.
- Healthcare: Significantly impacted the healthcare systems of all countries interrupting routine and “regular” emergency care
- Re-invention: In order for business and government to survive, we re-invented how we worked completely overnight. In our wildest dreams, we would have never written a business continuity plan to send everyone home in a matter of a few days, let alone work there for months.
- Challenge to Science: Conflicting messaging, new discoveries, and changing practices all contributed to some of the public not believing what was being shared by professionals creating an uneven response.
- Crisis Management: How to Develop a Powerful Program
- Cyberbreach: What is your defenses fail? Designing an exercise to map a ready strategy;
- Emergency Management Exercises: From Response to Recovery
- Emergency Management Exercises: From Response to Recovery Instructors Guide.
Florida Health - What you need to know now about COVID-19 in Florida
Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19
City of Tampa Works to Flatten the Curve Using Trending Digital Tools
Tampa, Fla. (March 22, 2020) – In an effort to keep all residents informed on coronavirus, the City of Tampa is using its full tool belt of communication tools to effectively reach audiences of all ages.
- New influencer marketing campaign, #HappyAtHomeTPA, on Instagram Stories, collaborating with Tampa Bay’s top creators to share activities while social distancing. To participate, simply tag #HappyAtHomeTPA and @cityoftampa in an Instagram Story.
- //www.tiktok.com/@cityoftampa?u_code=dab41d0ig511f3&preview_pb=0&;language=en×tamp=1580583970&utm_campaign=client_share&app=musically&utm_medium=ios&user_id=6782268384840696837&tt_from=copy&utm_source=copy&source=h5_m">TikTok videos, featuring Mayor Jane Castor, Tampa Police Department & Tampa Fire Rescue
- Spotify playlist, featuring songs with a social distance theme.
- Video PSAs, featuring Mayor Jane Castor with four key steps to flatten the curve
Residents are also encouraged to text TAMPAREADY or TAMPALISTA to 888-777 for emergency alerts and TAMPABIZ to 888-777 for business relief alerts.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) EMPLOYER RESOURCE TOOLKIT - One-Stop Location for Employers: Summaries of Government Programs, Sample Policies, Forms, Checklists, and more for dealing with COVID-19.
Tips for Wearing Masks and Gloves
COVID-19 Positive: A Recordable Illness for Employers
Organizational Risk: The Wrong Companies for Coronavirus Disinfecting
The Importance of Handwashing
Disinfection After a Coronavirus Outbreak