September 2023 | In-Person Meeting
Topic: Updated Threat Landscape
Presenter: Lisa Marie Kerr | Special Agent, FBI
Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Location: Bahama Breeze | 3045 N Rocky Point Dr. E, Tampa, FL 33607
Time: 11:30 a.m. — 1:00 p.m.
Register on JotForm or https://form.jotform.com/GTBACP/september-2023-meeting
Registration Deadline: Friday, September 22, 2023 at 12:00 p.m.
Is business interruption important to you? Do you want to know more about the current threat trends? Our speaker this month is Special Agent Lisa Marie Kerr from the Tampa Division of the FBI. The presentation will briefly touch on the 2022 Cyber Crime Statistics, Business Email Compromise, Ransomware, Economic Espionage, Insider Threat and the Fentanyl Poisoning Threat. The FBI offers presentations on each of these topics in more depth, but the point of this presentation is to briefly describe each threat to make the attendee more aware which we believe will lead to vigilance.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Special Agent Lisa Marie Kerr is a graduate of Villanova Law School. She has worked for the FBI for 35 years. She started her career in the Field Office in Washington, DC and worked on background investigations and criminal matters. Her next assignment was in the Legal Counsel Division at FBI Headquarters working on the DNA Task Force. This Task Force focused on assisting local Prosecutors at suppression hearings around the country related to the use of a new type of evidence (at that time), DNA evidence. SA Kerr worked closely with scientists from the FBI Laboratory who testified at the suppression hearings. Her next assignment was to the Philadelphia Division where she investigated criminal matters. After working in Philadelphia, SA Kerr returned to Washington, DC where she became a member of one of the first Evidence Response Teams. Her final transfer was to Tampa Division where she investigated White Collar Crime and National Security matters. SA Kerr is currently the Private Sector Coordinator for the Tampa Division of the FBI.
Up Next: Annual Conference
Friday, October 20, 2023
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tampa International Airport's Event Space
Sponsor Benefits Include:
- Sponsors logo will be placed in the GTBACP newsletter and on the Chapter website.
- Sponsor will be recognized at each monthly member meeting (virtually or in-person), when held. Chapter meetings are not held in December.
- Sponsorship fee will allow up to two (2) meeting attendees (ACP members or non-members) from the sponsor organization at no additional cost for one (1) meeting. Any additional sponsor attendees who are not ACP members will be charged at the visitor rate. The first time guest policy does not apply.
- Sponsor will be given ten (10) minutes prior to one (1) chapter meeting to speak or present to the membership about the company’s products and/or services, and/or share their company’s experiences with the group.
- For in-person meetings, a table will be set up for the sponsor for one (1) meeting to set up literature, flyers, etc. Sponsor can have giveaways/tchotchkes for the attendees (We can’t give you a list of attendees, but you can collect business cards for a giveaway.)