The Association of Continuity Professionals (ACP) is a non-profit trade association dedicated to fostering continued professional growth and development in effective Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Emergency, Risk, Crisis or Facilities Management. The Association began as an informal organization in 1983. The ACP Corporate Board of Directors consists of Officers and Directors who manage the business of the Association while Chapters are managed by a Chapter Board of Directors who tailor activities to the needs of the Chapter membership.
ACP provides a unique, open and unbiased forum promoting and fostering the information exchange and networking experience with opportunities to set trends in the emergency response and disaster recovery fields. ACP members have the opportunity to grow professionally by developing and strengthening their relationships with the incredible array of ACP public and private sector partners and sponsors.
ACP is the recognized as the premier international networking and information exchange organization in the business continuity industry and the Liberty Valley Chapter, founded in 2003, is proud to be one of the largest and most active Chapters in ACP and to be able to represent the greater Philadelphia Metro region.
The Liberty Valley Chapter membership includes people who are working in business continuity, disaster recovery, emergency, risk, crisis and facilities management positions from the private and public sectors. They represent financial institutions, healthcare, utility companies, schools and universities, property management firms, non-profit groups, local government agencies, third-party providers, and various other organizations.
Active participation enables members to:
- Affiliate with a trusted international network organization dedicated to promoting and advancing the contingency planning profession.
- Expand and solidify relationships within the community and state. Interact with local and government business leaders representing a variety of industries including financial, information technologies, telecommunications, utilities, manufacturing and distribution, education, consulting, healthcare, state and federal agencies, and others.
- Present useful information through guest speakers, seminars, field trips and more.
- Provide networking opportunities during monthly meetings
- Offer professional education credits (CEUs) for membership, training seminars and meeting attendance
- Access to chapter and national resources (speaker's bureau, guidelines, best practices)
- Extend volunteer opportunities to advance your leadership skills at the local and national levelProvide an investment in your career, increase your visibility and strengthen your industry knowledge
- Receive discounts on industry and professional conferences, products, services, and training
- Heighten your continuity experience and knowledge as a speaker or attendee to our programs
The Liberty Valley Chapter offers a variety of relevant and pertinent presentations from industry savvy leaders. Our program history includes an exchange of information regarding:
- Social Media's impact on Disaster Recovery
- Psychological effects of a Business Interruption
- Business Preparation and Resumption
- Damage Assessment / Rapid Response
- Security Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Emergency Preparedness
- Media Management
- Panel discussions, Case Studies, Lessons Learned, Disaster Drills