PA SCTF BCP Conference
Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Location: Dixon University, Harrisburg PA
Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 2019, 11:45 pm - 4:00 pm
Mid Penn ACP held the June chapter meeting at PSECU in Harrisburg. The meeting was sponsored by Onsolve. Kelly Williams from Onsolve presented It's Time for a Health Check, Dr. David Lindstedt, author, speaker, and founder of Adaptive BC Solutions, presented Adaptive Business Continuity, and Aaron Miller presented Managing Vendors and Mitigating Risk. For the full agenda, please refer to the meeting invitation.
2019 Business Contituity Summit: Organizatinal Resilience Management
Tuesday, April 9 throug Thursday, April 11, 2019
The PA Chamber of Business and Industry and the Mid Penn Chapter of ACP jointly organized this two and a half day educational summit. The following presentations were delivered during the conference:
- Business Continuity Fundamentals 101-Introduction to Organizational Resilience Management presented by Donald Long, MBCP, MBCI, CISA, Business Continuity Planning Manager, Internal Audit, Donegal Mutual Insurance Company and Aaron Miller, Business Continuity Consultant
- Results-Based Resilience: Budget-Friendly Business Continuity Planning that Actually Works presented by Howard B. Price, Founder and Principal Consultant, MediaDisasterPrep.com.
- Core Components of a Business Resiliency Program for Organizational Continuity presented by David Barrera, Vice President of Operations, Close Quarters Defense and David Bogo, Manager of Physical Security and Business Continuity for Cooley LLP and CQD Risk Management Consultant.
- Understanding Regulatory, Compliance and Audit Requirements; Contractual and Legal Ramifications; Implications for Cyber Liability Insurance presented by Matthew H. Meade, Esq., Member, Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellot, LLC and Caitlin O’Toole, Breach Response Services Manager, Beazley Insurance Group.
- Validating, Testing, Exercises, Simulation (including IT Disaster Recovery, Staff Training, After-Action Reviews) presented by Sherry Ehler, Business Continuity Program Manager, Members 1st Federal Credit Union and Aaron Miller, Business Continuity Consultant.
- Preparing for an Audit of Your Business Continuity Plan from an External Auditor’s Perspective presented by Michael D. Begler, MABR, CBRA, CBRM, Business Resilience Plan Consultant and Mark W. Banks, CPA, Senior Associate, Boyer & Ritter.
- Risk Assessment and the TMI Case Study presented by George J. Giangi, Chair, South Central PA Counter-Terrorism Force (SCTF) Business, Industry and Infrastructure Subcommittee.
- Crisis Communications and Coordination with External Agencies presented by Molly Dougherty, Director of External Affairs, Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA) and Ruth Miller, Communications Director, Pennsylvania Emergency Management Association (PEMA).
- Mid-Penn Chapter Panel: Program Development and Plan Implementation Strategies/Action Review moderated by Matthew Weber, CISA< CRISC, CHPCP, CPM, Information Protection and Compliance Officer, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
- Certification of Business Continuity Professionals and How to Advance Business Continuity Careers presented by Aaron Miller, Business Continuity Consultant.
Thursday, March 14, 2019, 11:45 pm - 4:00 pm
Mid Penn ACP held the March chapter meeting at Rite-Aid Corporation in Camp Hill. The meeting was sponsored by BC in the Cloud. John Allen from BC in the Cloud presented Getting Your Company to Join the Continuity Campaign, Lynnda Nelson from ICOR presented Organizational Resilience and Ginnie Stouffer from Aforethought Consulting presented Go that "Extra Mile" - Uncover the "Unknowns" Improve Your Program's Effectiveness.
Wednesday, December 12, 2018 7:30 am -9:00 am
Mid Penn ACP members met at Perkins restaruant plan events for 2019. Sherry Ehler was awarded the chapter's MVP for 2018.
PEMA Tour and Crisis Communication Presentation
Thursday, October 18, 2018, 11:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Mid Penn ACP held the October chapter meeting at PEMA in Harrisburg. The meeting was sponsored by Quantum Communications. Charlie Gerow from Quantum gave a dynamic presentation on Crisis Communication followed by a tour of the new PEMA facility on Elmerton Avenue. Molly Dougherty facilitated the tour and provided the group an overview of PEMA's role during a crisis.
PA SCTF BCP Conference
Thursday, September 27, 2018, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The South Central PA Task Force (SCTF) held its EIGHTH annual Regional Business Continuity and Emergency Preparedness Conference on Thursday, September 27, at the Dixon University Center in Harrisburg, PA.
The one-day conference was FREE—with the donation of a canned good, which was being collected for the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank. The attendees donated 277 pounds of non-perishable food and $190.
Schedule for this conference:
- 9:00-10:15: "Active Assailant - New Thinking" presented by Steve Crimando, Principal, Behavioral Science Applications
- 10:30-11:45: "The Intersection of Business Continuity and Cybersecurity" presented by Steve Olshevski, Strategic BCP
- 11:45-12:45: Lunch provided
- 12:45-2:00: "Disaster Recovery Program Progression" presented by Melissa Rhodes, Assurance Software and Carl Simmons, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- 2:15-3:30: "Crisis Communications" presented by Duane Hagelgans, Millersville University and George Giangi, South Central PA Taskforce