Building Resiliency through Engagement in North Texas
Welcome to the North Texas Chapter of the Association of Continuity Professionals (ACP). ACP is a non-profit professional organization, which provides a forum for the exchange of experiences and information, for business continuity professionals, throughout a network of local chapters.
Founded in March of 1986, the North Texas Chapter is one of the oldest continuously meeting chapters, and among the largest by membership, serving the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month unless the first Tuesday coincides with a holiday week. We invite you to attend our next meeting.
Date/Time: Tuesday, February 1, 2022 Noon - 1:30 PM
Location: Virtual Meeting (Meeting information will be provided for those who RSVP)
Topic: Bridging the Gap between Cyber Security and Business Continuity
Presenter: Andrew Jarrett, Director of Cybersecurity Defense and Compliance at Amsys Innovative Solutions
Attendees should anticipate a minimum of 1.5-hour meetings, with the understanding that meetings may last for 2 hours. Please join us for our next meeting!
Anyone interested in hosting an event or speaking at an upcoming meeting, please contact our Programs Director.
Note: Additional information on regular meeting locations can be found on the Events page.
ACP North Texas Members,
As we wrap up our 35th anniversary as a Chapter, I could not be happier with our 2021 accomplishments and the excitement around our coming year. As 2021 goes, we accomplished so much as a Chapter:
- Participated in awareness events with the North Texas Facilities Expo & Secure World driving new contacts
- Launched our Think Tank, expanded/matched Mentorship, Initiated the Ambassador program
- Members stepped up for committees and Board leadership positions
- Started researching & documenting our history & connected with our founders
- Had multiple SME speaking opportunities at UNT and Collin College
- Monthly Meetings did not skip a beat (even in year 2 of a Pandemic!)
- Actively engaged in National ACP programs
- Academia Video design and delivery team
- Marketing & Membership Committees
- Made financial donations to the North Texas Food Bank and Children’s Health
- We hosted a Public/Private Cyber event for the Frisco Chamber of Commerce
As I look to 2022, our program is strong thanks to you as members. The success over all these 35 years is really due to the power of our membership. You demonstrate your strength not just in the industry, but by stepping up in the program to help drive and form our future. Our industry is small, and each friendship we make along the way is an investment in everyone’s future. Special thanks to each of you who have brought new members into our program and for those that will help expand our membership in the new year.
I look forward to being President for a second term. I am excited to see what accomplishments our program will achieve as we move forward. Our strength is driven by passion, commitment, and friendships that are shared by all our members. Let’s continue to challenge each other while working to each leave their mark during our 36th year. The Disciplines around Organizational Resiliency are expanding and as a chapter, we will continue to help our membership grow to support them.
I personally wish each of you and your families a Safe, Happy and Prosperous 2022.
Chet Bojarski, MBCP
North Texas Chapter President
Not receiving chapter newsletters or meeting invitations?
Please ensure your e-mail contact information is current on the ACP International site. Our chapter member contact information comes from the ACP International member database.