Firestorm – BC Management - Job Posting # 3030
Position: Business Continuity Program (BCP) Manager
Location: Gardena, CA (local candidates preferred)
Reports to: IT Risk Manager
Salary: Will depend on experience.
*All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
*Must have at least 4+ years of proven experience managing, leading, or developing all aspects of a business continuity program. Knowledgeable of FFIEC regulatory guidelines and/or ISO business continuity compliance required. Strong understanding of, and participation in, the business continuity lifecycle, its components and deliverables, and how each phase is critical to a business continuity program.
- Perform and manage all business continuity program lifecycle activities, such as risk assessments, business impact analyses, emergency response and crisis communication, pandemic planning, business continuity disaster recovery strategy development and planning, business continuity exercises and disaster recovery testing, mass communication system testing and execution, and vendor relationships
- Align activities and deliverables with FFIEC guidelines to maintain the bank’s compliance with regulators
- Prepare executive presentations, lead BCP steering committee meetings, and effectively communicate risks to Board members
- Conduct functional and tabletop testing of business processes, supporting applications, and workaround strategies, and report the appropriate risks and concerns to executive management
- Continually move the program forward to ensure strategies and plans with the bank’s growth and changes to financial regulations
- Coordinate with external agencies and vendors to ensure dependencies are documented and tested and risks are identified
- Work with IT to enforce the development of technology recovery solutions to meet need and to drive the disaster recovery planning process
- Collaborate with business units to create and maintain business continuity plans that focus on business continuity workarounds and procedures that ensure minimum service level objectives are met during a disruption
- Lead the bank’s crisis communication team during a disruption
- Be a subject matter expert on the bank’s mass communication system and conduct testing to align with emergency response and crisis communication plan procedures
- Must possess a thorough understanding of how to effectively interact and communicate with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts to facilitate meetings, interpret business need, and translate this information to business continuity and disaster recovery strategy and plans.
Competency and Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, and over the phone
- Self-motivated and driven
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, employees, regulators, or board members
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions
- Accurate typing/keyboarding skills, and basic computer skills, including the use of word processing, spreadsheet software applications, and e-mail
- Excellent organizational skills
Background and Experience
- Must have at least 4+ years of proven experience managing, leading, or developing all aspects of a business continuity program
- Knowledgeable of FFIEC regulatory guidelines and/or ISO business continuity compliance
- Strong understanding of, and participation in, the business continuity lifecycle, its components and deliverables, and how each phase is critical to a business continuity program
- Managed and direct meetings with cross-functional teams
- Experience conducting an enterprise business impact analysis, interpreting the data, and forming results
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage engagements and ensuring deliverables meet project plan specifications and deadlines
- Experience in defining testing scenarios and requirements, leading and conducting functional disaster recovery tests, and presenting results to the appropriate stakeholders for approval
- Developed crisis communication strategies and led command centers during a disruption
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field
- Preferred: Business Continuity certification (DRII, BCI, etc.)
English: Written (Advanced) Verbal (Fluent)
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
BC Management was recently acquired by /Firestorm Solutions LLC as such, our email has changed.
***To be considered, please apply to this job below***