The Association of Continuity Professionals (ACP) is a non-profit trade association dedicated to fostering continued professional growth and development in effective Contingency & Business Resumption Planning. ACP is the recognized premier international networking and information exchange organization in the business continuity industry.
The Association began as an informal organization in 1983. The original group was formally organized in 1984 as a non-profit. In 1985, Articles of Incorporation were submitted to the State of California that set guidelines for chartering chapters and outlined the operational principles of the ACP Board of Directors. The ACP Board of Directors manages the business of the Association while Chapter officers tailor activities to the needs of their membership.
The purpose of ACP is to provide an environment for the exchange of experiences and information. This includes identification of common planning needs and potential recovery response solutions as well as networking opportunities through local and national alliances.
Taking Pride in What We Offer
Who is the ACP Old Dominion Chapter?
Since 2005, the ACP Old Dominion Chapter (ODC) has unified Central Virginia business leaders in an industry network exchange of information and best practices.
Dedicated to the evolution of business continuity and the advancement of its practitioners, your membership offers unequaled opportunities.
Old Dominion Chapter Goals
- Affiliate with a trusted international network organization dedicated to promoting and advancing the contingency planning profession.
- Expand and solidify relationships within the community and state.
- Interact with local and government business leaders representing a variety of industries including Financial, Information Technologies, Telecommunications, Utilities, Manufacturing and Distribution, Education, Consulting, Health Care, State and Federal Agencies, and others.
- Present useful information through guest speakers, seminars, field trips and more.
- Provide networking opportunities during monthly meetings
- Offer professional education credits (CEUs) for membership, training seminars and meeting attendance
- Access to chapter and national resources (speaker’s bureau, guidelines, best practices)
- Extend volunteer opportunities to advance your leadership skills at the local and national level
- Provide an investment in your career, increase your visibility and strengthen your industry knowledge
- Receive discounts on industry and professional conferences, products, services, and training
Committee and Officer Positions
Executive Committee (mandatory)
- Chapter Secretary
See Jobs/Resources Menu/Tab for additional information
Director/Officer Positions (optional)
- Education & Seminars
- Newsletter, Web
- Public Relations
- Vice President
- Past President (Exec Committee Advisor)
Heighten your continuity experience and knowledge as a speaker or attendee to our programs.
We offer a variety of relevant and pertinent presentations from industry savvy leaders.
Our program history includes an exchange of information regarding:
- Social Media’s impact on Disaster Recovery
- Psychological effects of a Business Interruption
- Business Preparation and Resumption
- Damage Assessment / Rapid Response
- Security Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Emergency Preparedness
- Media Management
- Panel discussions, Case Studies, Lessons Learned, Disaster Drills
Officers and Board
Past Presidents (elected for 2 year terms)
2005 - 2008 (<2 terms) - Sue Kerr
2008 - 2012 (2+ terms) - Renee Wentworth
2013 (1 year only) - Philip Oppenheim
2014 (1 year only) - Cliff Barcliff
2015 - 2024 (5 terms) - Clarence Elliott
President: Clarence Elliott , MBCP, CRM
Vice President: Frankie Blevins
Secretary: Jonathan Bernhardt
Treasurer: Renee Wentworth
Current Chapter Board
Director / Board Member at Large: Kathy Scourby and T.L. Claytor, Jr.
Membership Director: ODC Officers
Programs: Officers, Chapter Board and Renee Wentworth, President Emeritus
Current Support Roles
ACP ODC Website Administrator: T.L. Claytor, Jr.